Saturday, May 12, 2012

Introduction

Hello.  My name is Jana Harrison.  I live in West Texas (San Angelo to be exact) where I teach first grade at a charter school.  I have taught third and fourth grade in Hawaii and fourth grade in Maryland.  My husband retired from the Marine Corps last year after almost 23 years of service and we decided to move back here to my old stomping grounds and raise our two young children.  Military life has allowed us to live and travel all over the world, including places such as Spain/Europe, Australia, and Hawaii.  This is my last class at UC  and after graduation I hope to do some more traveling when I have time.
I would like to gain more insight about the joys of children's literature from taking this course.  I am also trying to get out of my comfort zone and move into the 21st century with utilizing technology for more than just Internet, Facebook, and word processing. 
Answer:  Wiki and blog
Question:  What are two things I have never done in my life?
So far, this class is forcing me to embrace my inner techie...so we shall see how it goes.  So far, so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment